Monday 2 April 2018

Still alive

I sold my FWB300S last summer, and will soon be selling the 150.

The 300S was the first Feinwerkbau I have ever owned, and many times, I swore I would never sell it. Circumstances changed, though: I moved from Britain to central Europe, and lost my garden range.

When I moved over here, I quickly exploited the German auction site eGun to buy first a battered 300S Junior and later a restored 150. I toyed with the idea of collecting every variation of FWB target air rifle and pistol, before realising that without somewhere to shoot regularly, they become mere display pieces.

Living in a city with horribly inflated property prices, it is unlikely that I will ever have the space to set up a range as I used to have. It is also proving problematic to bring my guns over here from England, due to restrictions imposed by the UK's paranoid postal companies.

The result is that while I will keep some of my Feinwerkbaus, thoughts of a collection are over. I sent the 150 to England, where I will likely sell it next time I am there. I am left with my restored FWB300S Junior, a 127 and a 65. These, I am determined to keep, assuming I can get the 127 and 65 here.

I will continue to update this blog as I find relevant information.

Happy shooting, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FWB300S service

I took my 300S Junior to a local gunsmith for a service back in July, when it became clear that the piston buffer had rotted. Not having hea...